Haryana: Free roadways travel for NEET aspirants on June 20-21
Haryana Chief Minister Nayab Singh Saini announced free travel on state buses for NEET aspirants on June 20 and 21 to ease their travel to examination centres.
- Country:
- India
Chief Minister Nayab Singh Saini announced on Saturday that NEET aspirants will be eligible for free travel on Haryana Roadways buses on June 20 and 21 throughout the state.
The NEET-UG re-examination is scheduled for June 21.
Saini emphasised that the state government is committed to supporting students and ensuring they can take competitive exams without inconvenience.
He stated that all NEET candidates would be allowed to travel free of charge on Haryana Roadways buses by presenting their admit cards, according to a statement.
This initiative aims to help students reach their examination centres smoothly and alleviate any travel-related stress, he added.
Saini said the Haryana government had earlier extended a similar facility to candidates appearing for the Common Eligibility Test (CET), and the same support is now being provided to NEET aspirants as well.
On May 20, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann announced free travel in the state-owned buses for NEET aspirants.
The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (Undergraduate) held on May 3 was cancelled following allegations of irregularities in the examination process.
Following complaints from NEET aspirants about financial difficulties and mental stress after the exam was cancelled, AAP national convener Arvind Kejriwal announced on Tuesday that he would request Mann to arrange free bus travel for candidates in the state on the day of the re-examination.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
ALSO READ
7,555 candidates in fray for May 26 local body elections in Punjab
Pakistan army chief Munir's talks in Iran were highly productive, army statement says
Nadda holds high-review meet with WB CM, discusses AB PM-JAY implementation in state
Iran says Hormuz mechanism should be agreed with coastal states, not US
We are going to make important announcements in coming months to further solidify India-US ties: Secretary of State Marco Rubio.

