Suspension of Cockroach Janata Party's social media handles shows govt afraid: Kuldeep Rathore
The Congress spokesperson accused the central government of being intimidated by the Cockroach Janata Party's satirical digital presence, which has gained significant youth support.
- Country:
- India
Suspension of social media handles of Cockroach Janata Party (CJP) is a ''clear indication'' that the central government is intimidated by the satirical digital outfit that came up last week and took the internet by storm, Congress spokesperson Kuldeep Rathore said on Friday.
The X account of CJP was withheld in India on Thursday. Soon after, however, came another handle - 'Cockroach is Back' with the tagline 'Cockroaches Don't Die'.
Interacting with the media here, Rathore alleged that the youth in the country is disgruntled with the BJP government and that a large number of them are connecting with the CJP through social media platforms.
Issues raised by the CJP are the same that are highlighted by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, said Rathore who is a former Himachal Pradesh Congress president.
The role of social media has become immensely significant in the current era, he said.
Rathore observed ''events that occurred in Nepal are now being witnessed within India'' as well.
He said a ''single ill-advised remark'' has exposed the underlying resentment among the youth against the existing system.
The satirical outfit was born following a controversy over Chief Justice of India Surya Kant using the terms ''parasites'' and ''cockroaches'' while pulling up a lawyer for his plea seeking senior designation.
The CJI later clarified that he was misquoted and his remarks were directed specifically at individuals entering the legal profession through ''fake and bogus degrees''.
The account, which came into being a day after the CJI's remarks on May 15, quickly went viral, attracting support from politicians, activists, artists and a large number of young and not-so-young social media users.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
ALSO READ
FIR registered in Sikkim over fake social media document claiming Darjeeling-Sikkim merger
US releases second batch of government declassified UFO files
Singapore shipping magnate accused of price fixing takes leave of absence from government-led taskforce
RBI declares 2.87 lakh crore dividend to the Central Government for FY26
Taiwan's government says US hasn't notified it of any pause in a planned USD 14 billion arms sale

