Ebola cases in Congo's east climb over 900: authorities
The ongoing Ebola outbreak in eastern Congo has surpassed 900 suspected cases, with 904 reported and 119 suspected deaths, according to the Congolese Ministry of Communication.
Congolese authorities have said suspected Ebola cases have now passed 900 in the ongoing outbreak in the east of the country.
The Congolese Ministry of Communication, in a post to X on Sunday, said that there were 904 suspected cases and 119 suspected deaths.
Authorities had previously announced more than 700 suspected Ebola cases, and more than 170 suspected deaths, mostly in Ituri province, where the outbreak is centred.
The World Health Organisation has said that the outbreak now poses a ''very high'' risk for Congo, but that the risk of the disease spreading globally remains low.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
ALSO READ
Congolese authorities announce that suspected Ebola cases in the country's east have now climbed over 900, reports AP.
10 drown while collecting mussels in river in Karnataka, PM condoles deaths
PM Modi expresses pain over drowning deaths in Karnataka; announces ex gratia
SIT constituted to investigate deaths of two girls found floating in Yamuna in Himachal's Sirmaur
Suspected and confirmed measles deaths top 500 in Bangladesh

