Boko Haram Strikes Again: Tragedy in Chad
Islamist Boko Haram militants attacked a military base in Chad, resulting in 23 security personnel killed and 26 injured. The army repelled the attack and is conducting operations to clear the area. Since 2009, Boko Haram has extended attacks from Nigeria to western Chad. Chad's president condemned the attack.
In a shocking incident, Boko Haram militants launched a deadly assault on a military base in Chad, claiming the lives of 23 security personnel, according to a statement from the army on Tuesday.
The assault took place on Monday night in the volatile Lake Chad region, with reports indicating that 26 others were injured in the attack. The army has since repelled the assailants and initiated clearance operations in the affected area. This marks another instance of Boko Haram extending their aggressive reach from northeast Nigeria into western Chad.
Chad's President, Mahamat Idriss Deby, publicly condemned the violence in a statement posted on his Facebook page, highlighting the escalating threat posed by the militant group in the region since 2009.
(With inputs from agencies.)
ALSO READ
Pulwama attack mastermind Burhan Hamza shot dead by unknown men in PoK
UPDATE 1-Three dead in attack on locomotive in Russia's Bryansk region, railways says
Bandra demolition drive violence: 16 held so far; cops acted only after coming under attack, says CM
Germany charges alleged Iranian agent for scouting out Jewish figures with view to attacks
Bengaluru: Six arrested after gym WhatsApp group argument leads to violent attack on trainer

