NATO's takedown of drone over Estonia sends clear message, Romanian official says
The shooting down of a drone in Estonian air space earlier this week sends a clear message to Russia that incursions into NATO air space will not be tolerated, Romanian deputy defence minister Sorin Moldovan told a GLOBSEC conference on Friday.
A Romanian fighter jet on a NATO air policing mission to the Baltics had shot down the drone. Moldovan said Romania, which shares a 650-km (400-mile) land border with Ukraine, sees drones breaching its airspace 2-3 times a week as Russia attacks Ukraine's ports across the Danube river.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Advertisement

